Why Agile in construction?
Why using agile approaches in AEC
Agile approaches are increasingly cited in the building industry. But often without knowing them enough, they are often used as a mantra, or perhaps to refer to a kind of adaptability and flexibility of the actors to accept everything! Which is obviously a misunderstanding
But by the way, what are the main benefits of the Agile method, especially in the context of architecture and construction?
The main benefits of agile approaches in construction are:
- A project more adapted to the customer and the end users
- A project with limited risk of cost slippage
- More motivated teams because they are more autonomous, which limits turnover and loss of information
- Greater visibility of the actual status of the job and blockage points
- A broader contribution from everyone beyond their primary responsibility
Benefits of Agile practices